As a result of pursuing our goals as a multifaceted organization, the Consortium is dedicated to providing professional development opportunities for the citizens of the Tidewater region.
Goals of the Consortium
- To determine the need for higher education programs and to provide increased educational opportunities for area residents.
- To encourage cooperative projects among the institutions of higher education to better serve the citizens of the Tidewater region.
- To establish linkages between the member institutions and business, industry, government, and the military.
- To enrich existing academic opportunities exchange and articulation programs.
- To work cooperatively with the local school divisions to serve the educational needs of teachers and administrators.
- To develop the use of technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- To enhance the economic development of the region by providing an opportunity for the development of a highly trained workforce.